Himlung Expedition (7,126m/23,379ft) - 36 days(typically) days
Himlung Expedition is a well-known climbing top over 7000 meters in the western piece of Nepal. The mountain is best for the preparation of 8000-meter peak climbing in the future.
Himlung Himal (7,126m/23,345ft) is a 7000m peak located in Nepal's western region. Situated just above the ancient Tibetan village of Phu, Himlung lies in the Naar-Phu region in the northeast of Annapurna and northwest of Manaslu. In 1992 Naar-Phu region officially opened for foreign expeditions and trekkers. This region is still a restricted area; for this reason, all climbers must get a particular regional area and climbing permit to enter. The peak gained more popularity when Mr. Akio Koizumi from Japan reached fewer expeditions than any other mountains in the different regions, such as the Khumbu. In terms of popularity, the climbing in Naar-Phu is not comparable with the Khumbu. The valley rivals beauty to the more popular Khumbu, offering magnificent views of Manaslu, Annapurna, Fishtail, and Gangapurna. The second rising of the pinnacle success ten years after the first ascent by a French expedition team in 2002. According to the summiteer's experience, this 7000m peak is one of the safest and most uncomplicated projects in the Himalayas. The climb of Himlung Himal through the typical course represents no specialized issues. The trail leads through day snow and ice with no stone climbing sections. The climbing season is in the fall and spring.
Himlung Himal Expedition
During the Himlung Himal expedition, Satori Adventure will always focus on our client's success, ensuring safety, comfort, and an enjoyable experience. Our strategy made by an exercise physiologist and experienced climbing Sherpa guides who have high altitude training. We try our best to be as efficient as possible with our itineraries, ensuring that there is not much waste of time. We consider that our clients might have only a short time off work, rest assured that satori will well spend your time and money. This 7000m pinnacle is the moderate and significant groundwork for impending campaigns like Manaslu, Cho-Oyu, or Shishapgnama. Beforehand a confined locale, the Nepal government opened the area after 2001. As of this composition, a couple of undertaking groups, including the Japanese and French, have summited Mount Himlung. After 2013 the 7000m pinnacle turns into a more perceived option in getting ready for Baruntse, Churen Himal, Putha Hunchuli, or Pumori.
The stroll along the Phu River is a unique experience even for Nepal, and the pristine beauty is a sight to see. Since the villages in this valley are so close to Tibet, they attract by Tibetan culture. The journey begins with a scenic drive to Besisahar by private jeep. Here you will stay overnight at this modern village; the next day, you will switch to a local jeep and continue 6 hours to reach Koto (2600m/8,530ft). You will have one acclimatization day at this historical village. Feel free to explore this village or rest. Koto is a 5-day trip to the Himlung Himal headquarters (4850m/15,912ft). The path moves in the East's direction and goes through Dharmasala, Meta, Kyang, and Phugaon, the district's most significant old Buddhist settlement. The headquarters is in a subalpine zone with grass and other greenery; it is genuinely agreeable and pleasing. There are roughly 3-5 climbing groups each spring and pre-winter season.
Facts of the Trip
Highest access: 7,126m (23,379ft)
First Ascent: 03 October 1992. Akio Koizumi from Japan
Duration: 36 days(typically) Days
Group Size: 2 - 10 Persons
Co-ordinates: 28°44′06″N 84°25′00″E
Location: Nepal/Annapurna Region
Airport: Kathmandu (KTM)
Departure From: Kathmandu Airport
Grade: Moderate Climb (PD++)
Accommodation: Three star to five stars as request
Meals: B/B plan in Kathmandu & B,L,D in during Driving and climbing period
Transportation: Car, Jeep, Mini Bus
Best season: Spring (April, May) and autumn (October, November)
Major Activity: trekking/climbing
Culture: Gurung, Thakali, Magar
Mode of Travel: Tea House/Camping
Climbing route: South west(normal route)
Himalayan sights: Annapurna, Machhapuchhre, Mardi
03 October/Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu airport and transfer to a hotel in Kathmandu (1350M/4,430ft).
04 October/Day 02: Preparation, briefings at Department of Tourism, last minute shopping and office formalities.
05 October/Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Besisahar (823m/27,000ft).8hrs.Overnight at lodge.
06 October/Day 04: Drive from Besisahar to Koto (2610m/8,563ft).5-6hrs.Lodge/camping accommodation.
07 October/Day 05: Trek from Koto to Meta(3560m/11,680ft). 7hrs.Lodge/camping overnight.
08 October/Day 06: Trek Meta to Phu-Gaon (4200m/13,780ft).7hrs.Lodge/camping overnight.
09 October /Day 07: Rest and acclimatization day at Phu-Gaun (4080m/13,382ft).
10 October/Day 08: Trek from Phu-Gaon to Himlung base camp (4850m/15,912ft). camping.
11-26Oct/Day 09-24: Climbing period for Himlung Himal (7126m//23,345ft) camping.
27 October/Day 25: Preparation and packing for departure.
28 October/ Day 26: Trek back from base camp to Phu-Gaon(4200m/13,780ft) 6hrs.Tea house accommodation
29 October/Day 27: Trek from Phu-Gaon to Meta (3560m/11,680ft) 5hrs.Tea house accommodation.
30 October/Day 28: Trek from Meta to Koto (2610m/8,563ft) 05hrs.Camping.
31 October/Day 29: Drive from Koto to Besisahar (823m/27,00ft) 8hrs. Transportation provided by jeep.
01 Novemb/Day 30: Drive from Besisahar to Kathmandu (1350/4,429ft) 7 hrs. Transportation provided by tourist mini bus. Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu.
02 Novemb/Day 31: Free day in Kathmandu. Farewell celebration dinner with cultural program in the evening.
03 Novemb/Day 32: Transfer to International airport for final departure.
Satori Adventures has not able to include the cost of each package in the company website. Many of our clients have the same query: why Satori Adventures has not included the price in the package. To provide you service in reasonable cost and attempt to address your each requirement we desired to provide you with some information which directly affects the cost and also helps us breakdown the cost. That’s why, we have decided to clarify our customers that due to following reasons we have not included the cost in our website and package:
- The cost of the trip always depends on the size of the group, category of the hotel accommodation and the facilities that you aspire in the mountain.
- We operate the peak climbing in full arrangement package and basic arrangement service (full board or base camp service) which directly affects the expedition cost.
- The itinerary may be changed after reaching an understanding between the agency and the client. Other activities could be added or reduced as per the client's request before processing the trip. Price for reduced activities could be deducted and additional activities could be added in mutual understanding.
- The number of climbing Sherpa guides, high altitude porters, kitchen crew, mode of transport you prefer and many other factors can affect the cost of the trip.
- Number of persons in group including; number of climbers, non-climber, base camp supporters, medical doctors, Alpine climbing guide also affect the cost.
- Either you want to operate this expedition as international group joining basics of Satori Adventures or individual (private arrangement) expedition.
- Request numbers of oxygen, mask regulators and the brands the clients require
- Climbing season: normally most of the climbers climb Himalayas in the spring and the autumn season. The climbing permit royalty cost for mountain will be 50% less in the autumn than spring season.
- Type of high camp food that clients require. Any specialized food that has to be ordered from foreign country will be costlier compared to the one available here.
- Either any of the climbers intend to attempt any world records? If so, do they require special services or equipment?
Due to the above position the price range for the same trip can vary widely. So, we would like to discuss with our client before offering the cost. Please feel free to contact Satori Adventures for any information about in your selected package.
Full board Service
Satori Adventures offers Full Board Service for our entire range of flagship Mountaineering Expeditions to all 8000m peaks. Our Full Board service means that we will provide a Trekking service, an in-Base camp service and High camp service executed by your Sherpa Climbing Guide. All our Full Board clients will have a personal Sherpa Climbing guide exclusively dedicated to the client for the duration of the climb.
Our climbing Sherpa guide team will establish and secure climbing route in collaboration with other climbing teams participating on the route; Establish all high camps with camping equipment, provisions and oxygen and prepare high altitude food for his client; Assist his client on the route and ensure client safety and wellbeing on the route through guiding and negotiating the route access priorities at pace and schedule determined by clients’ physical condition and preferred pace; Ensure total commitment to the client in case of emergency with clients’ safety and wellbeing as overriding priority.
High camp service for Full Board Service clients will consist of provision of all equipment necessary to fix the route, all camping equipment, fuel and food for high camps as well as oxygen provision, including mask and regulator and latest model of Poisk oxygen, Summit system of Mask regulators in quantities specified in your climbing itinerary as per height of Mountain.
Full Board Service Cost (Includes):
- To ensure your safety
and avoid the natural panic of people entering a new destination for the
first time, Satori Adventures provides pick-up and drop services from
international and domestic airports on your arrivals and departures.
- Representatives of
Satori Adventures will be waiting for you on arrival at both domestic and
international airports with a Satori banner with your placard so that you
can easily find our person. Satori's identity card will accompany the
person for your confirmation.
- According to the above
Himlung Expedition climbing schedule, Satori Adventures
will arrange four nights demanded category (from tourist star to five-star) of
hotel accommodations in Kathmandu.
- Satori Adventures will
provide experienced, and government authorized (licensed holder) high
altitude trekking/ climbing Sherpa guide (Expedition leader) during the
trekking and climbing.
- Surface transportation
will only be included during the trekking and major city for members as
per the scheduled itinerary.
- Surface transportation from Kathmandu to Besisahar and Beisahar to Kathmandu for members and involving stsffs.
Adventures will provide you with a lovely tea house accommodation (except
chain hotels) to stay in and eat during the trekking trails.
- Lunch in
the trekking is usually made on the way, while dinner and breakfast are made
at the tea house where you stay overnight. Satori Adventures provides a
clean and fresh breakfast, lunch, and dinner with tea/ coffee at the tea
house's menu throughout the trek and camping accommodation at the advance base camp and
Camp-02 during the ascent of Himlung Himal
- Satori Adventures will
arrange all food and fuel for base camp and higher camps during the Himlung
Himal expedition for both members and expedition crews.
- Satori Adventures
provide EPI Cooking gas, and the stove will be provided in camps one,
three, and south col for cooking food, tea, coffee, boiling water, and
heating nutrition high altitude package food.
- Satori Adventures will
provide all the essentials for trekking, Himlung
Himal climbing, rowing, and camping at the advanced base camp.
- Climbing Mt. himlubng
himal duration takes more than other 7000m and brings an extended stay at
the Advance base camp. Items like kitchen tents, stores tent, dining
tents, toilet tents, tables, chairs, and cooking utensils are high quality
and branded, where we will try to provide more convenience.
- During the ascent of Mount Himlung
Satori Adventures will provide a chef cook, cook assistant, helper, and
base camp manager at the advanced base camp to take care of your food,
drinks, and other necessary services your good and comfort.
- Satori Adventures
allow up to 60kg of personal climbing equipment per person during the
flight onboard and during trekking in Himlung
himal expedition carried by porter/ yak/ mules.
- The offer cost
includes Mount Himlung Himal regular route climbing royalty and the Nepal
Government's climbing permit. (Permit issued by Department of Tourism)
- As Mount himlung Himal
Peak is located at Narphu and Annapurna territory, Satori adventures
provide you a permit for Annapurna conservation Permit.
- The Trekkers'
Information Management Systems permit issued by the trekking agency
association of Nepal is required to enter the area of Narphu valley and Annapurna
so Satori Adventures provides you a TIMS permit too.
- The right weather is a
crucial factor in a safe and successful ascent. As far as possible, we
will provide a regular upcoming day's weather forecast from the Kathmandu
office for theHimlung climb duration.
- Satori Adventures
provides all wages, clinical, equipment, and accidental insurance for all
elaborate staff in the journey and climbing.
- We provide first aid
medical kits for the group and the staff, taking care of your climbing and
- Trekking and
mountaineering are often inaccessible and far from information,
communication, and transportation in the Himalayas, so information and
communication are significant for safety and a successful trip. That's why
Satori Adventures provides satellite phones, walkie-talkies (radio set)
with the expedition team leader, and your climbing Sherpa guide. Satellite
phones available for members at the cost of US$ 3 per minute call.
- Satori Adventures
provides V25 north face two main model tents with comfortable mattresses
at the advanced base camps, and above the advance camp, two members have
one tent. (In advance base camp 1:1 tent and above base camp 2:1 tent as
- Satori Adventures
offers dynamic/static rope, ice screws, snow bar, and rock piton locked
unlocked karabiners to open the route and for safe and successful
- Satori Adventures arrange
a generator for back- up lighting power and charge electronic tools if
solar panels are not enough for light and charge the battery.
- Satori Adventures
arrange transportation, service of food, all needed expedition, content
supply to Base Camp from Kathmandu and return to Kathmandu (Cargo to Lukla
and then by porter/ Yaks to base camp and return)
- Satori Adventures will
try to make the base camp as convenient as possible. We will provide you a
heater at the base camp for heating the dining room during cold
temperatures (mostly required for evening and morning).
- Health is a prime
concern during your climbing expedition. This is why Satori Adventures
include emergency oxygen, mask, and regulator provided to guest and
expedition staff requirements.
the date, there's no available alternative to electricity or lighting at
the Himlung Himal, so that Satori Adventures provides solar panels or
generators for lighting, battery, and mobile charging at the base camp.
- Satori Adventures
include Icefall charges ,Summit rope cost charged by Expedition Operators
Association, and Himalayan Rescue Association medical insurance charged in
the package cost.
- For the climbing
proposal of acclimatization and summit target, Satori Adventures included
all tents for camps 1, 2, 3, and 4 for members and staff.
- During your climbing
expedition, Satori Adventures offer you clean, nutritious, and fresh food
at the advanced base camp and camp two in Annapurna. We provide you
nutrition, high altitude package food, and essential EPI cooking gas and
stoves to boiled water, tea, coffee, and warm pocket food above the
advanced base camp.
- Satori Adventures
provides all food and fuel for both members and crews at advanced base
camps and higher camps during the Himlung Himal expedition.
- We offer each climber
One Experienced, Trained, Government Licensed, and 03 Times Everest
Summiteers Climbing / Expedition Guide (Sherpa) per client with the idea
of making your ascent safe and successful. There will also be one
experience and professional Leader, Sherpa, for each expedition
- The package cost
includes all wages, equipment allowance, and the load carries bonus for
involved staff in trekking and climbing expedition.
- The package cost
includes all wages, equipment, medical and accidental insurances for the
- Satori Adventure
always has concerned and top priority about our trekking guides, climbing
Sherpa guides, cooks, porters, and involved staff safety during the period
of trekking and high mountain climbing. For this reason, we always do
medical insurance, helicopter evacuation insurance, and treatment
insurance for all involved staff with a reputed insurance company.
- As Mount Himlung’s ascent
is long, the stay at Camp two is more extended due to acclimatization. We
also take care of our climbers in Camp two and arrange kitchen dining
arrangements to supply freshly cooked food.
- For your convenience,
we always provide maps of related trekking and trekking peak climbing.
- During the climbing
period of summit target, Satori Adventuresprovide Emergency oxygen mask and regulator provided upon
request of client with requirement appropriate charge.
- As adequate quality
oxygen, masks and regulators are crucial during Everest climbing. We
provide masks and regulators from the latest model of summit or top out
- Before your departure,
as a memory, Satori Adventures would like to handover Satori T-shirt/
Pashmina and Brochure.
- If you need any
assistance with departure information, flight ticket reconfirmation, Visa
extension procedure services, Satori Adventures fully support you without
- The above offer price
includes our official service charges, government charges, and all taxes
and vat. Except for the above amount, there are not any hidden costs
charged by us.
- We want to offer you
to have dinner with us before you departed from Kathmandu. It will be an
opportunity for you to see and learn about Nepali culture and tradition.
Full board service Cost (Exclude):
- Kathmandu is Nepal's
capital, and since this place offers high quality and delicious food from
different countries and groups, we were hoping you could taste the food
you like. For that reason, during your stay in Kathmandu, you will have to
arrange lunch and dinner (except farewell dinner) by yourself.
- Suppose you want to
take any packed food, snacks, aerated drinks, energy drinks, mineral
water, and carbonated soft drinks, any types of alcohol, cigarettes,
chocolates, and nutria-bars during the trek. In that case, you have to buy
it yourself as a customer often requires these items during the trekking.
There's no guess on how much and will take by the client and its cost.
- Expenses are incurred
towards personal nature trekking, climbing equipment, laundry expenses,
tips, landlines, mobiles, walkie-talkies, satellite phones, and the
internet service is not included in the package. You have to pay for it
yourself when you use it.
- Personal climbing equipment
is one of the significant factors for your safe and successful climbing.
So you have to arrange all your personal climbing equipment brand and
quality on your own.
- Mountaineering is, in
itself, a risky and adventurous activity that always takes place in remote
areas. So, safety is the primary factor for us. Therefore, you have to
arrange your travel insurance covering the cost of emergency rescue,
medical treatment, medical tests, and hospitalization before you arrive
for the trip to Nepal.
- The package cost
offered above does not include your international flight ticket and
Nepal's tourist visa so that you have to pay for your international flight
ticket and tourist visa by yourself.
- Any extra expenses
arising out of various/ unforeseen situations like natural disasters,
landslides, political disturbances, strikes, changes in government
regulations costs are not included in the package cost.
- Additional costs if
needed extra workers, than what we have included in the package.
- As per the
Mountaineering Association and Department of Tourism rules, after the
successful summit, the climbing member has to pay a summit bonus for
climbing Sherpa Guides US$ 1500.00 minimum to be paid before departure
involved expedition staff (chef cook, cook, cook assistance, base camp
manager) are hoping for tips, gifts, or something at the end of the trip,
which is an opportunity to say how happy you are with our staff and thank
you for the kind of service you have rendered. Normally US$ 250-300.00 per
person collected by the team leader and divide to all involved base camp
staff except climbing Sherpa guide.
- The short sentence,
"All the services not mentioned in the above package (cost
includes parts) are excluded," It will cost extra if you
want additional services.
Base Camp Service
In Base Camp
In the Base Camp: Satori Adventure provides very professional, supportive and friendly mountaineering logistic services. The approach from Kathmandu to the Sama Gaun village takes roughly 10 days. From Sama Gaun you climb up to Manaslu Base camp. Throughout your approach and climbing period Satori provides a high quality, supportive, safe, friendly, stress free and comprehensive service to maximize your summit opportunity.
We provide a comprehensive service organizing all necessary permits, climbing documentation, travelling logistics (including airfares), ground transportation, porters, and other individual services required by mountaineers. On the trek to the ABC we organize all required accommodation and food.
In the Base camp our cooks and helpers will prepare and serve three delicious freshly cooked meals a day. Satori also ensures that hot and cold drinks as well as healthy snacks are available 24hrs a day. In the Base Camp we provide spacious and durable 4 season personal tents for all of our clients. This comes with full board or base-camp services only. In the base camp we also provide a dining tent, kitchen tent, toilet facilities and portable shower facilities as well as tent accommodation for our staff. In the Base Camp we provide access to communication including a satellite telephone, internet access, and solar panels to charge your batteries.
Base Camp Service Cost Includes
- All arrival and departure transfer services to and from International airport with other necessary surface transport as per itinerary.
- Assistance at the KTM international airport by Satori Adventure during your arrival and departure flights.
- 4 Night hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on B/B basis.
- Experienced and government licensed trekking and climbing Sherpa guide during the trekking and climbing period.
- Appropriate number of porters during the trekking period.
- Land transportation from Kathmandu-Koto-Kathmandu for all clients, Sherpa guide, liaison officer and kitchen staff.
- All Satori Adventure facilities, kitchen tent, storage tent, dining tent, client tents, toilet tents, tables, chairs and cooking utensils at base camp.
- Common climbing equipment like rope, ice bars, ice screws, and snow bar.
- 3 meals a day: breakfast, lunch and dinner with tea and coffee.
- Accommodation at hotel/lodge/guest house or tent camps during the trekking period.
- All camping accommodation for clients and staff during the trekking and climbing period. You will be sharing sleeping quarters with one other member.
- All food and fuel for base camp during the climbing period.
- 30kg baggage allowance per person during the trekking period. Will be carried by porter/mules.
- Daily weather report services from Seattle, Washington based company.
- Services of chef and kitchen assistant at advanced base camp.
- Trekking permit (Annapurna Conservation Park entry fee).
- TIMS card (Trekking Information Management System).
- Nar Phu restricted area trekking permit during the period of expedition.
- Expedition royalty and permit of Nepal government to climb Mt. Himlung.
- Nepal government royalty.
- All wages, equipment, medical and accident insurance for all involved staff during the trekking and climbing period.
- Helicopter rescue insurance for all involved expedition staff.
- Medical consultation services at the base camp with the HRA clinic at the base camp.
- Equipment allowances and wages for chefs, kitchen assistants and government liaison officer.
- First aid medical kits for the group and the staff.
- Satellite phone carried by the guide for communication available upon request for clients with the cost of $3USD per minute.
- Heater will be provided at base camp for the dining tent.
- Emergency oxygen mask and regulator provided for clients if needed. Appropriate charge will apply.
- Each expedition member will have an individual tent available in the Himlung advanced base camp.
- Solar panels for light and electronics charging.
- Gamow Bags (Portable hyperbaric chambers) for high altitude sickness.
- We provide Sherpa's tents, food for climbing, and insurance.
- Free assistance service for cargo clearance and duties.
- Transportation of food supply from Kathmandu to base camp by porter/mules.
- Our service charge and government taxes levied in Nepal.
- Complete pre-departure information.
- Flight ticket reconfirmation and visa extension procedure services.
- Farewell dinner in a typical Nepali restaurant with cultural show in Kathmandu before departure.
- Satori Adventures t-shirt and scarf.
- Lunch and dinner during your stay in Kathmandu (except farewell dinner).
- Any packed food/snacks, aerated drinks, energy drinks, mineral water, alcohol, cigarettes, chocolates, nutra-bars.
- Items of personal nature, laundry expenses, tips.
- Expenses incurred from usage of landlines, mobile devices, walkie-talkies, satellite phones and Internet.
- Clothing, packing items or bags, personal medical kit, personal trekking gear.
- Any extra services, products, offers or activities which are not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Any extra expenses arising out of various/unforeseen situations like natural disasters, landslides, political disturbances, strikes, changes in government regulations.
- Any additional staff other than the specified.
- Rescue, repatriation, medicines, medical tests and hospitalization expenses.
- Medical insurance and emergency rescue evacuation if required.
- Travel insurance and helicopter rescue.
- Airfare of international flights.
- Nepal entry visa fee (Visa insurance is easy upon arrival).
- Ice fall garbage deposit fees (Sharing with other member) if applicable.
- Walkie talkies
- Filming permit (only for special filming camera).
- Ice falls charges (if the rope fixed by different company and charged to other team).
- All tents for camp 1, 2, 3
- Personal climbing gear.
- Personal climbing Sherpa guide(s).
- Emergency oxygen and mask regulator.
- Satori services will not be involved in any capacity above advanced base camp. This means we do not allow any staff or equipment from Satori Adventure above ABC.
- High altitude food for Sherpa and clients.
- Nepal custom duty for import of expedition equipment.
- Tips, gifts, souvenirs.
- Any other item not included in “THE PACKAGE COST INCLUDES” section.
Why climb with Satori Adventures in Himlung Himal?
How to Choosing a experience Provider
It is important for each climber to choose the right expedition guide service that not only suites their needs, but provides the best safely and secure mountaineering experience possible. There are more than 1,700 trekking companies in Nepal who offer 8,000 meter expeditions including Everest, but only about 30 companies who operate 8,000 meter peaks on a regular basis. We are proud to be one of these 30 companies and consistently offer, run and succeed at these types of expeditions year after year.
It is very important that the climbers who choose Satori Adventures for this trip of a lifetime experience have expectations that are compatible with the program we offer and the style of expedition Satori Adventures runs. We do not want to simply “fill our expedition”, but instead we want to comprise a team of companionable people who are focused on reaching the summit with the highest level of support and safety standards that can be provided by a guiding service on Mt Everest. We team this with the best standards of food and quality equipment to further assist each client reach their full potential. We feel that we offer the best environment and opportunity for you to be successful on the world’s highest mountain.
Diminutive climbing Team members
We are always developing and growing our operational systems to ensure you participate will provide as much as facilities provided. We figure our expedition members do not deserve anything less during the trekking and climbing! In the interests of giving you the most optimal chance to summit, we limit our team size to ensure the group summits on the best weather day; sometimes there are less window days for summit in Everest. In big size of group offering cheap climbs often miss out as they split their groups over several potential summit days. We feel like our climbing members are feeling that they are climbing as a family and friends team even on international people. We accept maximum 08 people in a group and if we have more than that we always split in two groups. So that our base camp staff cooks, climbing Sherpa guide will fully taking care about you and provide service as per your desire.
Maximum summit Success;
The Satori Adventures methodology and tactical approach to climbing Mt Everest has seen us achieve the highest success rates and our extensive experience gives us the edge when it comes to making the right decisions. We provide a consistently higher Sherpa and Guide ratio than any other operator, resulting in more support and backup for your summit attempt and therefore a greater safety margin and chance of success. There is always a 1:1 ratio of the climbing Sherpa/guide and client. We always use professional and experienced climbing Sherpa or guides who have all reached the summit of Everest.
Highly Qualified Sirdar/Team leader
Our guides are professionals who are trained and assessed either via the International Federation of Mountain Guides Associations (IFMGA) resulting in a greater repertoire of skills that enables them to provide a dedicated level of security to you during the expedition, or many years of mountaineering experience on the world’s biggest peaks. Our guides are experience in both advanced and basic rescue courses and all have a minimum of 3 years guiding on Everest.
Advanced Communication method
Satori Adventures Everest expeditions have been at the forefront of providing top communications for our Everest expeditions. This allows us to obtain and deliver comprehensive weather forecasts via U.S., European and Kathmandu weather forecasting. Our lead guide is always equipped with a satellite phone during the climbing and at base camp. Two way radio communications between climbing members, guides, Sherpa and base camp staff is also provided. There is also local mobile network available at base camp that provides easy connection with your family during your stay at base camp.
Facilities camp setup at Base Camp
Satori Adventure focuses on comfortable conditions at base camp, including good quality food and other services.We find this helps clients with their overall success rate on the mountain. Our cooks are regarded as the best in the business, providing wholesome and appetizing meals with an agreeable array of menus to suit all your food requirements. The meals you are served on the mountain are also of the highest standard and designed to sustain you for the rigorous ascent. We offer various choices that will suit any diet plan, including vegetarian, Vegan, continental, Indian and others. If you have special food consideration, please provide this to us 60 days prior to the expedition so we can plan the best meals for your trip.
Approaches to ABC
From Southwest: It takes typically 8 days to reach ABC from Kathmandu.Approach to the Base camp is short, sweet and beautiful beginning with the amazing flight to Lukla and following Everest Base camp trail through Namcha Bazaar to Pengboche and peeling off it just past Pangboche