Everest Expedition South - Spring 2023 - 62 days
Satori Adventures knows the surefire way to charge you with overwhelming emotions when being in Nepal. How do you feel about trekking in the Himalayas and facing the challenge of human endurance? Everest Expedition is one of the ultimate adventurous treks in the Himalaya with many seen and Unseen difficulties. If you get enthusiastic about this idea in the same way as we do, Climbing Everest Expeditions are what you need. We offer a trip that you will remember for its unique magnificence, dazzling perspectives, and extreme trial of your abilities.
Ascending the mountain from the Southside has a place with one of those Everest endeavors which permit you to move past the limits of your creative mind. Being practically on the highest point of the Earth will enable you to develop a more excellent picture. Overlooking the natural wonders of Nepal, Everest is known to be a legendary mountain steeped in history. It is not about easy-to-climb one that everyone can conquer. This mount poses a considerable challenge even for well-trained climbers. However, Satori Adventures is ready to go the extra mile for you to have a chance to become a part of that history. When you embark on our Everest guided expeditions, it is up to you to open up horizons you have never seen before.
Climbing Mount Everest from South Face
The unique point of this route lies in crossing the Khumbu Icefall and the Lhotse Face. While Everest is known for harsh weather conditions and unpredictability, this glacier features crevasses and seracs scattered all over the way. With this in mind, Satori Adventures provides all climbers with professional guiding services and equipment required for successful ascending. We have been mapping out new routes and improving safety standards for many years to help you achieve summit aspirations. That is why our Everest expedition cost includes scores of ladders, carrying ropes, and other equipment to get through crevasses and other obstacles successfully. Besides, new techniques allow us to cross the Khumbu Icefall much faster than before. We will do everything it takes to overcome difficulties while Climbing Mount Everest from South Face.
On the Road to Summit
Everest trekking means crossing snow-capped peaks while being in full gear at heights above 8,000 meters. Plus, every climber subject to the effects of high altitude, including oxygen deprivation. Therefore, Satori Adventures allows for several acclimatization periods at camps so that you can get accustomed to ever-changing environmental conditions and keep your performance at the highest level.
Before setting out on a guided Everest Expedition, it recommends testing your mountaineering skills, endurance, and adaptiveness. Although we will provide you with professional assistance and vital equipment, you should practice hard to pay tribute to nature while standing at the summit of the highest mountain in the world.
Satori Adventures enables you to live through the experience you have been looking for long. Choose this climbing route and enjoy the allure of Everest to the fullest. Now the time has come to challenge yourself!
South Col Route Camps:
Base camp: 17,060'/ 5200m
Everest base camp lies notice sheet at 5,200 meters from sea level, where you will spend up to 45 days. The Conditions in Everest Base Camp will stay steady during the climbing period and include stirring many tents and stages as the ice moves and melts. The territory is unforgiving yet delightful, encompassed by Pumori, Nuptse, Lola, Nutse, and the Khumbu Icefall with warm mornings and unexpected evening snow gusts. With such numerous endeavor groups at BC, it closely resembles a little town in the Himalayas.
C1: 19,357'/ 5900m
Arriving at C1 is the most specialized piece of a southside move since it crosses the Khumbu Icefall. The Icefall is 2,000′ feet of moving ice with profound chasms, transcending ice sera's and torrential slides off Everest's west shoulder. During the climbing period, we endeavor to go through just two evenings at Camp I for acclimation. If you have appropriate acclimatization, the game plans call you to go all over direct from camp II to security.
C2: 20,998'/ 6400m
Camp 2 lies in a sidelong moraine at the lower part of the west edge. It is a too protected and shielded area with huge perspectives on Lhotse. All organizations set-up their primary climbing camp for the climbing period's duration here with tents for individual climbers and kitchen and dining tents. Camp II is an essential acclimatization camp and the central command for focus III. The camp where you are spending the most time after base camp.
C3: 23,294'/ 7100m
Climbing the Lhotse Face to C3 is often tricky since almost all climbers feel the effects of high altitude and are not yet using supplemental oxygen. The Lhotse Face is steep, and the ice is hard, but the route fixed with rope, and the angles can range from 30 to 45 degrees. It is a long climb to C3 but required for acclimatization before a summit bid. You will spend two nights at camp three for acclimatization and the summit push.
South Col: 26,300'/ 8000m
Welcome to the moon—the Everest to the north and Lhotse on the south covered with loose rock. Located at the South Col is the last camp; most climbers are easily accessible without supplementary oxygen. There are two rock sections to navigate before camp 4: the Yellow Band, an inter-layer of marble, phyllite, semi schist rock, and the Geneva Spur, an anvil-shaped rib of black stone. Both of these areas are set-up with fixed ropes.
Summit: 29,032′/ 8848.86m – 1 hour or less
The last section from the South Col to the summit takes 09-13 hours to navigate. There is the Balcony, the Hillary Step, and the south summit before reaching the central panel. The route to the true summit is a moderate snow slope, and while tired, adrenaline keeps most climbers moving at this point.
Facts of the Trip
Highest access: 8,848.86m (29,032 ft)
First Ascent: May 29, 1953 Edmund Hillary & Tenzing Norgey Sherpa
Duration: 62 Days
Group Size: 08-10 persons per group
Co-ordinates: 27°59'17'' N / 86°55'31'' E
Location: Nepal/Tibet border
Airport: Kathmandu Airport
Departure From: Kathmandu Airport
Accommodation: Three star to five star as request
Meals: B/B plan in Kathmandu & B, I, D during trekking and climbing
Transportation: vehicle and domestic flight
Best season: Spring Season (April, May)
Major Activity: Trekking/Mountaineering
Include Activity: Trekking/Mountaineering
Culture: Sherpa and Tamang
Mode of Travel: Tea House/Camping
Climbing route: South east ridge (Normal route)
Himalayan sights: Lhotse, Makalu, Ama Dablam, Cho-Oyu
Itinerary Details of Everest Expedition Spring 2023
03 April/Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu Airport and transfer to hotel Yak and Yeti or similar hotel accommodation in Kathmandu (1350M/4430ft)
04-05April/Day2-3:Preparation, Briefings at Departments of tourism, Last minute shopping
06 April/Day 04:Flight from Kathmandu to Lukla; Trek to Phakding (2650m/8694ft, 04 hrs); lodge accommodation
07 April/Day 05:Trek from Phakding to Namche Bazaar through colorful Khumbu villages (3440m/11286ft, 06hrs); Lodge accommodation
08 April/Day 06: Rest day for acclimatization; you will be hike to famous Everest View Hotel (3800m/12487ft, 3hrs) to catch a glimpse of Everest; explore Hilary and Sherpa museum at Namche in the evening with slide show program.
09 April/Day 07:Trek from Namche Bazaar to Tyangboche (3850m/12631ft, 05-06 hrs); visit significant Buddhist monastery; lodge accommodation
10 April/Day 08:Trek from Tyangboche to Dingboche (4350m/14271ft, 4hrs) about 4-5hrs; catch glimpses of Ama Dablam and Lhotse; lodge accommodation
11 April/Day 09:Acclimatization in Dingboche(4350M/14271ft) hiking up to chhukung-re.
12 April/Day 10:Trek from Dingboche to Lobuche (5018m/16463ft, 4-5hrs); lodge accommodation
13 April/Day 11:Trek from Lobuche to Gorakshep (5170m/16962ft, 3hrs); lodge accommodation
14 April/Day 12:Morning acclimatize to Kalapathar (5554m) after breakfast Trek from Gorakshep to Everest Base camp (5200m/17060, 2hrs)
15-30 May/Day13-58: Climbing period Summit Everest (8,848.86m/ 29,032ft)
31 May/Day 59: Preparation for return, trek from Everest base camp to Dingboche(4350m/14271ft, 4hrs) , lodge accommodation
01 June/Day 60: Trek from Dingboche to Tengboche (3860m/12631ft, 04 hours) lodge accommodation
02 June/Day 61:Trek from Tengboche to Namche Bazaar (3440m/11286ft, 04hrs) lodge accommodation.
03 June/Day 62:Trek from Namche Bazaar to Lukla(2840m/9317ft,7hrs) lodge accommodation
04 June/Day 63:Fly from Lukla to Kathmandu (1350M/4430ft); 35minutes, transfer to hotel
05 June/Day 64:Leisure day & shopping in Kathmandu; Fair well-Celebration dinner with culture program in the Evening.
06 June/Day 65:Transfer to the airport for final departure
For our full board climbers we set up intermediate facility at camp 2 (6,400m); this will include personal tents for full board clients, kitchen and dining tents and the toilet facility. We provide meals while our clients are in camp 2.
We provide a personal climbing Sherpa guide to help the clients reach the summit. Personal climbing Sherpa will set up camp 3 and camp 4 including food provisions, fuel and oxygen and will guide and assist the client on the summit day.;We provide the climbing Sherpa with appropriate radio communication to Camp 2, 3, and 4 and the climbing route.
The services we
provide in the Everest Expedition
- To ensure your safety and avoid the natural panic of people entering a new destination for the first time, Satori Adventures provides pick-up and drop services from international and domestic airports on your arrivals and departures.
- Representatives of Satori Adventures will be waiting for you on arrival at both domestic and international airports with a Satori banner with your placard so that you can easily find our person. Satori's identity card will accompany the person for your confirmation.
- According to the above Everest Expedition climbing schedule, Satori Adventures will arrange four nights demanded category (from tourist star to five-star) of hotel accommodations in Kathmandu.
- Satori Adventures will provide experienced, and government authorized (licensed holder) high altitude trekking/ climbing Sherpa guide (Expedition leader) during the trekking and climbing.
- Surface transportation will only be included during the trekking and major city for members as per the scheduled itinerary.
- According to the schedule program, Satori Adventures arranged regular flight tickets from Kathmandu to Lukla and Lukla to Kathmandu for climbing members and climbing Sherpa guides.
- Satori Adventures will provide you with a lovely tea house accommodation (except chain hotels) to stay in and eat during the trekking trails.
- Lunch in the trekking is usually made on the way, while dinner and breakfast are made at the tea house where you stay overnight. Satori Adventures provides a clean and fresh breakfast, lunch, and dinner with tea/ coffee at the tea house's menu throughout the trek and camping accommodation at the advance base camp and Camp-02 during the ascent of Mount Everest.
- Satori Adventures will arrange all food and fuel for base camp and higher camps during the Everest expedition for both members and expedition crews.
- Satori Adventures provide EPI Cooking gas, and the stove will be provided in camps one, three, and south col for cooking food, tea, coffee, boiling water, and heating nutrition high altitude package food.
- Satori Adventures will provide all the essentials for trekking, Everest climbing, rowing, and camping at the advanced base camp.
- Climbing Mt. Everest duration takes more than other 8000m and brings an extended stay at the Advance base camp. Items like kitchen tents, stores tent, dining tents, toilet tents, tables, chairs, and cooking utensils are high quality and branded, where we will try to provide more convenience.
- During the ascent of Mount Everest, Satori Adventures will provide a chef cook, cook assistant, helper, and base camp manager at the advanced base camp to take care of your food, drinks, and other necessary services your good and comfort.
- Satori Adventures allow up to 60kg of personal climbing equipment per person during the flight onboard and during trekking in Everest expedition carried by porter/ yak/ mules.
- The offer cost includes Mount Everest south regular route climbing royalty and the Nepal Government's climbing permit. (Permit issued by Department of Tourism)
- As Mount Everest Peak is located at Mount Everest National Park's territory, Satori adventures provide you a permit for Mount Everest National Park.
- The Trekkers' Information Management Systems permit issued by the trekking agency association of Nepal is required to enter the area of Everest National Park, so Satori Adventures provides you a TIMS permit too.
- The right weather is a crucial factor in a safe and successful ascent. As far as possible, we will provide a regular upcoming day's weather forecast from the Kathmandu office for the Everest climb duration.
- Satori Adventures provides all wages, clinical, equipment, and accidental insurance for all elaborate staff in the journey and climbing.
- We provide first aid medical kits for the group and the staff, taking care of your climbing and health safety.
- Trekking and mountaineering are often inaccessible and far from information, communication, and transportation in the Himalayas, so information and communication are significant for safety and a successful trip. That's why Satori Adventures provides satellite phones, walkie-talkies (radio set) with the expedition team leader, and your climbing Sherpa guide. Satellite phones available for members at the cost of US$ 3 per minute call.
- Satori Adventures provides V25 north face two main model tents with comfortable mattresses at the advanced base camps, and above the advance camp, two members have one tent. (In advance base camp 1:1 tent and above base camp 2:1 tent as per safety.)
- Satori Adventures offers dynamic/static rope, ice screws, snow bar, and rock piton locked unlocked karabiners to open the route and for safe and successful climbing.
- Satori Adventures arrange a generator for back- up lighting power and charge electronic tools if solar panels are not enough for light and charge the battery.
- Satori Adventures arrange transportation, service of food, all needed expedition, content supply to Base Camp from Kathmandu and return to Kathmandu (Cargo to Lukla and then by porter/ Yaks to base camp and return)
- Satori Adventures will try to make the base camp as convenient as possible. We will provide you a heater at the base camp for heating the dining room during cold temperatures (mostly required for evening and morning).
- Health is a prime concern during your climbing expedition. This is why Satori Adventures include emergency oxygen, mask, and regulator provided to guest and expedition staff requirements.
- Till the date, there's no available alternative to electricity or lighting at the Everest base camp, so that Satori Adventures provides solar panels or generators for lighting, battery, and mobile charging at the base camp.
- Satori Adventures include Icefall charges by Sagarmatha Pollution Control Committee, Summit rope cost charged by Expedition Operators Association, and Himalayan Rescue Association medical insurance charged in the package cost.
- For the climbing proposal of acclimatization and summit target, Satori Adventures included all tents for camps 1, 2, 3, and 4 for members and staff.
- During your climbing expedition, Satori Adventures offer you clean, nutritious, and fresh food at the advanced base camp and camp two in Everest. We provide you nutrition, high altitude package food, and essential EPI cooking gas and stoves to boiled water, tea, coffee, and warm pocket food above the advanced base camp.
- Satori Adventures provides all food and fuel for both members and crews at advanced base camps and higher camps during the Everest expedition.
- We offer each climber One Experienced, Trained, Government Licensed, and 03 Times Everest Summiteers Climbing / Expedition Guide (Sherpa) per client with the idea of making your ascent safe and successful. There will also be one experience and professional Leader, Sherpa, for each expedition group.
- The package cost includes all wages, equipment allowance, and the load carries bonus for involved staff in trekking and climbing expedition.
- The package cost includes all wages, equipment, medical and accidental insurances for the liaison officer.
- Satori Adventure always has concerned and top priority about our trekking guides, climbing Sherpa guides, cooks, porters, and involved staff safety during the period of trekking and high mountain climbing. For this reason, we always do medical insurance, helicopter evacuation insurance, and treatment insurance for all involved staff with a reputed insurance company.
- As Mount Everest's ascent is long, the stay at Camp two is more extended due to acclimatization. We also take care of our climbers in Camp two and arrange kitchen dining arrangements to supply freshly cooked food.
- For your convenience, we always provide maps of related trekking and trekking peak climbing.
- During the climbing period of summit target, Satori Adventures included eight bottles (32 liters) of Poisk Oxygen will be provided to each climbing member (we use Poisk brands of Oxygen which is one of the trustful oxygen brands for high altitude)
- As adequate quality oxygen, masks and regulators are crucial during Everest climbing. We provide masks and regulators from the latest model of summit or top out brands.
- Before your departure, as a memory, Satori Adventures would like to handover Satori T-shirt/ Pashmina and Brochure.
- If you need any assistance with departure information, flight ticket reconfirmation, Visa extension procedure services, Satori Adventures fully support you without any charges.
- The above offer price includes our official service charges, government charges, and all taxes and vat. Except for the above amount, there are not any hidden costs charged by us.
- We want to offer you to have dinner with us before you departed from Kathmandu. It will be an opportunity for you to see and learn about Nepali culture and tradition.
Things you need to manage yourself in Everest Expedition (Cost Exclude)
- Kathmandu is Nepal's capital, and since this place offers high quality and delicious food from different countries and groups, we were hoping you could taste the food you like. For that reason, during your stay in Kathmandu, you will have to arrange lunch and dinner (except farewell dinner) by yourself.
- Suppose you want to take any packed food, snacks, aerated drinks, energy drinks, mineral water, and carbonated soft drinks, any types of alcohol, cigarettes, chocolates, and nutria-bars during the trek. In that case, you have to buy it yourself as a customer often requires these items during the trekking. There's no guess on how much and will take by the client and its cost.
- Expenses are incurred towards personal nature trekking, climbing equipment, laundry expenses, tips, landlines, mobiles, walkie-talkies, satellite phones, and the internet service is not included in the package. You have to pay for it yourself when you use it.
- Personal climbing equipment is one of the significant factors for your safe and successful climbing. So you have to arrange all your personal climbing equipment brand and quality on your own.
- Mountaineering is, in itself, a risky and adventurous activity that always takes place in remote areas. So, safety is the primary factor for us. Therefore, you have to arrange your travel insurance covering the cost of emergency rescue, medical treatment, medical tests, and hospitalization before you arrive for the trip to Nepal.
- The package cost offered above does not include your international flight ticket and Nepal's tourist visa so that you have to pay for your international flight ticket and tourist visa by yourself.
- Any extra expenses arising out of various/ unforeseen situations like natural disasters, landslides, political disturbances, strikes, changes in government regulations costs are not included in the package cost.
- Additional costs if needed extra workers, than what we have included in the package.
- As per the Mountaineering Association and Department of Tourism rules, after the successful summit, the climbing member has to pay a summit bonus for climbing Sherpa Guides US$ 1500.00 minimum to be paid before departure from Kathmandu.
- Our involved expedition staff (chef cook, cook, cook assistance, base camp manager) are hoping for tips, gifts, or something at the end of the trip, which is an opportunity to say how happy you are with our staff and thank you for the kind of service you have rendered. Normally US$ 250-300.00 per person collected by the team leader and divide to all involved base camp staff except climbing Sherpa guide.
- The short sentence, "All the services not mentioned in the above package (cost includes parts) are excluded," It will cost extra if you want additional services.
In Base Camp
Satori Adventures provides very professional, helpful and friendly service from Kathmandu to the ABC as well as during the climb. Our objective is to provide a good quality, helpful, safe, friendly, stress free and comprehensive service to maximize summit opportunity.
In the Base camp our cooks and helpers will prepare and serve three delicious freshly cooked and plentiful meals a day and will ensure that hot and cold drinks are available 24 hrs a day. In the Base Camp we provide spacious expedition quality personal tents for all our clients both with full board or base-camp service only.In base camp we also provide dining tent, kitchen tent, toilet facilities and portable shower facilities and tent accommodation for our staff.
In base camp we provide access to communication including satellite telephone and internet access, solar panels to charge your batteries and UHF/VHF hand held radios on the mountain to maintain communications between ABC and high camps.
Our camp manager as well as guides and climbing Sherpa’s have an extensive experience on multiple Everest climbs. They will ensure cooperation with other companies and Base Camp organization. In base camp our guides will work with other teams to ensure contribution from all operators for tasks such as route fixing and to ensure the safety of climbers from ABC to the summit.
Base Camp Service Cost Includes
- Arrival and departure transfer services to and from both domestic and international flights as per itinerary.
- Assistance at the international airport by Satori adventures while arriving and departing in Kathmandu.
- 4 Nights Yak and Yeti or similar hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on B&B basis.
- Experienced and government licensed high altitude trekking guide during the trekking and climbing period.
- Schedule flight tickets for Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu to all the climbing members, Sherpa guide, liaison officer and kitchen staff.
- All trekking and mountaineering equipment such as: Kitchen tent, storage tent, dining tent, toilet tents, tables, chairs, and cooking utensils for advance base camp and camp two.
- Services of chef and kitchen assistant at Base Camp and chef at Camp 2.
- 3 meals a day, breakfast, lunch and dinner with Tea/coffee available in the tea house/hotel/lodge during the trekking.
- 3 fresh meals a day: Breakfast, lunch and dinner will be served at base camp, and camp two.
- Per person 50kg baggage allowance during trekking to base camp which will be carried by porter or yak to the Mt. Everest base camp.
- Daily weather report services from Seattle, Washington based company.
- Trekking permit (Everest national park entry fee).
- TIMS card (Trekking Information Management System).
- Expedition royalty and climbing permit of Nepal government to climb Mt. Everest (8848M).
- Nepalese government royalty and fees.
- All wages, equipment, medical and accident insurances for all involved staff in trekking and climbing period.
- Medical consultation services at base camp with an HRA clinic at the base camp.
- Equipment allowances and wages for, cooks, kitchen boys.
- Equipment allowances and wages for government liaison officer.
- First aid medical kits for the group and the staff.
- Satellite phone carried by guide for communication. Available to clients with the cost of $3USD per minute call.
- Heater will be provided at base camp for heating the dining room.
- Emergency oxygen, mask and regulator provided at the request of the client with appropriate charges.
- Each expedition member will have an individual tent available in the ABC.
- Solar panels for light and battery charger.
- Gamow Bags (Portable Altitude Chambers).
- Helicopter rescue insurance for high altitude staff.
- Free assistance service for cargo clearance and duties.
- Fresh cooked food and kitchen will be provided at camp two.
- Trekking and climbing map of Mount Everest.
- Generator will be providing for back-up lighting power and charging electronic devices.
- Transportation of food supply from Kathmandu to base camp (Cargo to Lukla and then by porter/yaks to base camp).
- Our service charge and government taxes levied in Nepal.
- Complete pre-departure information.
- Flight ticket reconfirmation.
- Visa extension procedure services (if necessary).
- Farewell dinner in a typical Nepali restaurant with domestic culture show in Kathmandu.
- Satori Adventures T-shirt/Pashmina, broacher.
- Lunch and Dinner during your stay in Kathmandu (except farewell dinner).
- Any packed food/snacks, aerated drinks, energy drinks, mineral water, alcohol, cigarettes, chocolates, nutria-bars.
- Items of personal nature, laundry expenses, tips.
- Expenses incurred towards usage of landlines, mobiles, walkie-talkies, satellite phones and internet expenses.
- Clothing, packing items or bags, personal medical kit, personal trekking gear.
- Any extra services, products, offers or activities which are not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Any extra expenses arising out of various/unforeseen situations like natural disasters, landslides, political disturbances, strikes, changes in government regulations.
- Any additional staff other than specified.
- Recuse, repatriation, medicines, medical tests and hospitalization expenses.
- Medical insurance and emergency rescue evacuation if required.
- Travel insurance and helicopter rescue.
- Airfare of international flights.
- Climbing Sherpa, high altitude food and fuel above base camp (in camp two we have kitchen to provide food even for base camp service user).
- Tent above base camp (except camp two).
- Nepal entry visa fee.
- Wake talkies &filming permit.
- Personal climbing gear.
- Nepal custom duty for import of expedition goods.
- Government licensed climbing guide(s).
- Appropriate food for high altitude.
- Any other item not included in “THE PACKAGE COST INCLUDES” section
- Tips, gifts, souvenirs.
Satori Adventures has not able to include the cost of each package in the company website. Many of our clients have the same query: why Satori Adventures has not included the price in the package. To provide you service in reasonable cost and attempt to address your each requirement we desired to provide you with some information which directly affects the cost and also helps us breakdown the cost. That’s why, we have decided to clarify our customers that due to following reasons we have not included the cost in our website and package:
- The cost of the trip always depends on the size of the group, category of the hotel accommodation and the facilities that you aspire in the mountain.
- We operate the peak climbing in full arrangement package and basic arrangement service (full board or base camp service) which directly affects the expedition cost.
- The itinerary may be changed after reaching an understanding between the agency and the client. Other activities could be added or reduced as per the client's request before processing the trip. Price for reduced activities could be deducted and additional activities could be added in mutual understanding.
- The number of climbing Sherpa guides, high altitude porters, kitchen crew, mode of transport you prefer and many other factors can affect the cost of the trip.
- Number of persons in group including; number of climbers, non-climber, base camp supporters, medical doctors, Alpine climbing guide also affect the cost.
- Either you want to operate this expedition as international group joining basics of Satori Adventures or individual (private arrangement) expedition.
- Request numbers of oxygen, mask regulators and the brands the clients require
- Climbing season: normally most of the climbers climb Himalayas in the spring and the autumn season. The climbing permit royalty cost for mountain will be 50% less in the autumn than spring season.
- Type of high camp food that clients require. Any specialized food that has to be ordered from foreign country will be costlier compared to the one available here.
- Either any of the climbers intend to attempt any world records? If so, do they require special services or equipment?
Due to the above position the price range for the same trip can vary widely. So, we would like to discuss with our client before offering the cost. Please feel free to contact Satori Adventures for any information about in your selected package.
Why climb with Satori Adventures in Everest?
How to Choosing a experience Provider
It is important for each climber to choose the right expedition guide service that not only suites their needs, but provides the best safely and secure mountaineering experience possible. There are more than 1,700 trekking companies in Nepal who offer 8,000 meter expeditions including Everest, but only about 30 companies who operate 8,000 meter peaks on a regular basis. We are proud to be one of these 30 companies and consistently offer, run and succeed at these types of expeditions year after year.
It is very important that the climbers who choose Satori Adventures for this trip of a lifetime experience have expectations that are compatible with the program we offer and the style of expedition Satori Adventures runs. We do not want to simply “fill our expedition”, but instead we want to comprise a team of companionable people who are focused on reaching the summit with the highest level of support and safety standards that can be provided by a guiding service on Mt Everest. We team this with the best standards of food and quality equipment to further assist each client reach their full potential. We feel that we offer the best environment and opportunity for you to be successful on the world’s highest mountain.
Diminutive climbing Team members
We are always developing and growing our operational systems to ensure you participate will provide as much as facilities provided. We figure our expedition members do not deserve anything less during the trekking and climbing! In the interests of giving you the most optimal chance to summit, we limit our team size to ensure the group summits on the best weather day; sometimes there are less window days for summit in Everest. In big size of group offering cheap climbs often miss out as they split their groups over several potential summit days. We feel like our climbing members are feeling that they are climbing as a family and friends team even on international people. We accept maximum 08 people in a group and if we have more than that we always split in two groups. So that our base camp staff cooks, climbing Sherpa guide will fully taking care about you and provide service as per your desire.
Maximum summit Success;
The Satori Adventures methodology and tactical approach to climbing Mt Everest has seen us achieve the highest success rates and our extensive experience gives us the edge when it comes to making the right decisions. We provide a consistently higher Sherpa and Guide ratio than any other operator, resulting in more support and backup for your summit attempt and therefore a greater safety margin and chance of success. There is always a 1:1 ratio of the climbing Sherpa/guide and client. We always use professional and experienced climbing Sherpa or guides who have all reached the summit of Everest.
Highly Qualified Sirdar/Team leader
Our guides are professionals who are trained and assessed either via the International Federation of Mountain Guides Associations (IFMGA) resulting in a greater repertoire of skills that enables them to provide a dedicated level of security to you during the expedition, or many years of mountaineering experience on the world’s biggest peaks. Our guides are experience in both advanced and basic rescue courses and all have a minimum of 3 years guiding on Everest.
Advanced Communication method
Satori Adventures Everest expeditions have been at the forefront of providing top communications for our Everest expeditions. This allows us to obtain and deliver comprehensive weather forecasts via U.S., European and Kathmandu weather forecasting. Our lead guide is always equipped with a satellite phone during the climbing and at base camp. Two way radio communications between climbing members, guides, Sherpa and base camp staff is also provided. There is also local mobile network available at base camp that provides easy connection with your family during your stay at base camp.
Facilities camp setup at Base Camp and Kitchen at camp two
Satori Adventure focuses on comfortable conditions at base camp, including good quality food and other services. We find this helps clients with their overall success rate on the mountain. Our cooks are regarded as the best in the business, providing wholesome and appetizing meals with an agreeable array of menus to suit all your food requirements. The meals you are served on the mountain are also of the highest standard and designed to sustain you for the rigorous ascent. We offer various choices that will suit any diet plan, including vegetarian, Vegan, continental, Indian and others. If you have special food consideration, please provide this to us 60 days prior to the expedition so we can plan the best meals for your trip.
Approaches to ABC
From South (Nepal): The approach on its south side is through the Khumbu region of Nepal leading up to the Khumbu Glacier extending down to Lobuche (4900m). It starts with the flight to Lukla and the trek via Namche Bazaar (3440m), Tengaboche (36600m), Pheriche (4270m), Lobuche (4910m), Gorak Shep (5140m) to Everest South Base Camp (5200m). It takes typically 8 days to reach ABC from Kathmandu.