Chulu East Peak Climbing( 6584m/21,601ft) - 21 days
Chulu East Peak Climbing(6584m/21,601ft) is located just north of the Annapurna massif at 28°44'09''N / and 84°02'10" E. With its stunning setting, technical aspects, a spectacular 900m climbing route, and fast access to the peak, it makes this objective climbing second to none-in Nepal. Chulu East is part of the Chulurange, which consists of Chulu West6429m, Chulu Far East6029m, and Chulu West6584m. The Peak Chulu East provides breathtaking views of Annapurna (I II, III, and IV), Gangapurna, Glacier Dome, Dhaulagiri, Tilicho Peak, and Mt. Manaslu. Chulu Far East was first ascended in 1955 by a German expedition via the Northeast Ridge. Chulu East was first climbed in 1979 by Dick Isherwood & John Noble via the Northeast Ridge. It forms an integral part of Manang Himal, combining both Chulu East and Chulu West Peaks. SA climbs are best in the spring and autumn seasons. itineraries
To approach Chulu East Peak's base camp, you start with overland transportation via a private vehicle. After arriving in the village of Besisahar, you begin your trek, which first leads you into the Marsyandi Valley. The sheer diversity of flora and fauna along the trail to Chulu East Peak Climbing is incredible. The trekking to get to Chulu peak base camp through the Annapurna Circuit will take about a week.
The standard climbing route is via Northeast ridge. We will attempt the summit from high camp (5400m) located just below Chulu Far East(6059m). The high center or(C1) lies 3.7km North of base camp, the average slope between BC-C1 is 22°with an elevation gain of 900m. We take one day for acclimatization at C1, but we adjust the schedule accordingly if the client needs more time. The summit route is 4.5km long from the high camp. It requires advanced glacier travel skills and navigation to reach the bottom of the summit ridge successfully. The steep of the entire climb is at the bottom of the summit ridge, where you encounter a slope of 45° for 450m. Once on the hill, the average gradient is below 30°, and the overall distance measures 2km; along this ridge, there are 600m of elevation gain. Summit day will be very long and strenuous, and you have to climb from high camp to the summit and return to the Base Camp one day. A total distance of 12km, a total elevation gain of 1400m, and an elevation loss of 2300m.
Along the way, Satori Adventures plans into the itinerary a Chulu Peak climb, which consists of moderate snow and ice climbing over 6000m. After your successful summit of Chulu East, you will make your way up through the Throng La Pass (5416m) then down into the spectacular Muktinath valley. The next day you will start your descent down to Jomsom and then finally fly out of Pokhara.
Satori Adventures provides very professional, helpful, and friendly service from Kathmandu to the summit throughout this expedition. Our objective is to provide good quality, useful, safe, pleasant, stress-free, and comprehensive service to maximize your summit opportunity. Depending on the size of the group, Satori issues staff for each expedition. We try to provide as little staff as possible to keep your costs down. We supply chefs and kitchen assistants that prepare and serve three delicious and freshly cooked meals a day; along with that, hot drinks are available 24hrs a day. At base camp and the high camps, we provide spacious expedition quality personal tents for all our clients. Sherpa will set up intermediate facilities above base camp (medium meaning lightly equipped with food, water, gear). Upon the client's request, we supply a personal climbing Sherpa in a 2:1 ratio, two clients for 1 Sherpa.
Facts of the Trip
Highest access: 6584m (21,601ft)
First Ascent: Dick Isherwood & John Noble. May 1979
Duration: 21 Days
Group Size: 01-10 persons per Group.
Co-ordinates: 28°44'09''N / 84°02'10'' E
Location: Annapurna Region
Airport: TIA (Kathmandu)
Departure From: Kathmandu
Grade: Peu Difficile + (PD+)
Accommodation: Tourist standard to five star as request
Meals: B/B plan in Kathmandu & Pokhara. B/L/D during the trekking and climbing period
Transportation: Car, jeep, mini bus, flight
Best season: Spring (April, May) and autumn (October, November)
Major Activity: Trekking/climbing
Include Activity: Sightseeing at Pokhara
Culture: Gurung, Thakali and Bharman
Mode of Travel: Tea House/Camping
Climbing route: Northeast ridge
Himalayan sights: Annapurna, Gangapurna, Fishtail
Itinerary Details of Chulu East peak climbing
18 April/Day 01:Arrival at Kathmandu Airport, Transfer to request category hotel accommodation in Kathmandu (1350m/4,430ft)
19 April/Day 02: Preparation and briefings at the departments of tourism. Last minute shopping.
20 April/Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Besisahar (823m/2,700ft, 08hrs) Lodge
21 April/Day 04: Drive from Beshishahar to Dharapani (1860m/6,103ft, 06hrs)
22 April/Day 05: Trek from Dharapani to Chame (2670m/9,055ft, 05-06hrs) Lodge
23 April/Day 06: Treks from Chame to Upper Pisang (3100m/10170ft, 05 hrs) Lodge
24 April/Day 07: Trek from
Upper Pisang to Braka(3800m/12,467ft, 05hrs) tea house accommodating
25 April/Day 08: Trek from Barka to Ngwal(4100m/12,467ft, 04hrs) tea house accommodation.
26 April/Day 09: Trek from Ngwal to Yak Kharka (4300m/14,107ft, 04hrs) tea house accommodation.
27 April/Day 10: Trek from Yak Kharka to Chulu East Base Camp (4500m/14,763ft, 04hrs) Camping
28 April/Day 11: Trek from
Chulu Base Camp to High Camp (5400m/17,717ft, 04hrs) Camping
29 April/Day 12: This is a buffer day. If the team needs to rest and
acclimatize an extra day can be spent here. If everyone feels well, you can
attempt a summit push (6584m/21,601ft) Camping
30 April/Day 13: Summit to Chulu East peak, return to Base Camp. Camping accommodation.
01 May/Day 14: Trek from Chulu Base Camp to Manang (3540m/11,614ft, 07hrs)
02 May/Day 15: Trek from Manang to Yak Kharka (4350m/14,272ft, 04hrs) Lodge
03 May/Day 16: Trek from Yak Kharka to Thorong Phedi (4420m/14,501ft, 04hrs)
04 May/Day 17: Trek from Thorong Phedi to Muktinath (3850m/12,631ft, 07hrs) Thorong La Pass (5416m/17,770ft) Lodge accommodation.
05 May/Day 18: Trek from Muktinath to Jomsom (2700m/8,858ft, 04hrs) Lodge accommodation.
06 May/Day 19: Flight from Jomsom to Pokhara (950m/3,116ft, 17min) Hotel accommodation in Bed and Breakfast.
07 May/Day 20: Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu by tourist bus that takes
about seven hours also you can take a flight which takes about 25 minutes,overnight at Hotel.farewell dinner with culture program In the Evening.
08 May/Day 21: Drop to airport for final departure, or alternatively join other programs.
Satori Adventures has not able to include the cost of each package in the company website. Many of our clients have the same query: why Satori Adventures has not included the price in the trekking and mountaineering package. To provide you service in reasonable cost and attempt to address your each requirement we desired to provide you with some information which directly affects the cost and also helps us breakdown the cost. That’s why, we have decided to clarify our customers that due to following reasons we have not included the cost in our website and package:
- The cost of the trip always depends on the size of the group, category of the hotel accommodation and the client’s desire (budget)
- The included itinerary is a guideline and standard pattern which Satori Adventures advises you. This trekking itinerary can be modified according to your time and requirements.
- The itinerary shall be changed after an understanding between both Satori Adventures and the client. Additional activities could be either added or reduced as per client's request before the confirmation of the trip.
- Price shall be adjusted in our mutual understanding, that is, if the client intends to add some services we shall charge him/her for those additional services and if he/she intends to lessen some services, we shall wave the charges accordingly.
- The itinerary is published in full board operation services for the clear understanding of the client. Among many options such as hotel facilities in Kathmandu and Pokhara, the client can make his/her own choice.
- The cost is also affected by the number of employees‒ guides and porters.
Please feel free to contact Satori Adventures for any information about in your selected package.
Full Board Operation:
For full board clients we provide a personal tent and food, which will be prepared by their climbing Sherpa. We provide UHF/VHF hand held radios on the mountain to maintain communications between ABC and high camps.
We provide a personal climbing Sherpa guide each group(2:1 ratio) to
help the clients reach the summit. The secret of success on ls and; is a
strong and experienced climbing Sherpa. No matter how good and
experienced the climber, it is a long slog. Personal climbing Sherpas
will set up camp. They will also carry food provisions, fuel and assist
the client on the summit day
The services we provide in the above package
- To ensure your safety and avoid the natural panic of people entering a new destination for the first time, Satori Adventures provides pick-up and drop services from international and domestic airports on your arrivals and departures.
- Representatives of Satori adventures will be waiting for you on arrival at both domestic and international airports with a Satori banner with your placard so that you can easily find our person. Satori's identity card will accompany the person for your confirmation.
- According to the above trekking peak climbing schedule, Satori Adventures will arrange three nights demanded category (from tourist star to five-star) of hotel accommodations in Kathmandu.
- Satori Adventures will provide Experienced, and government authorized (licensed holder) high altitude trekking/climbing Sherpa guide during the trekking and climbing period.
- Surface transportation Kathmandu to besisahar and Besisahar to Dharapani for members as per the itinerary.
- According to the schedule program, Satori Adventures arranged regular flight tickets from jomsom to Pokhara and Pokhara to Kathmandu for climbing members and climbing Sherpa guides.
- Apart from Camping and hiking, Satori Adventures Will provide you with a lovely tea house (except chain hotels) to stay in and eat during the trekking.
- Lunch in the trekking is usually made on the way while Dinner and breakfast at the tea house where you stay overnight. Satori Adventures provides a clean and fresh breakfast, lunch, and dinner with tea/coffee at the tea house's menu throughout the trek and camping accommodation at the advance base camp during the ascent.
- Satori adventures will provide all the essentials for trekking, peak climbing, rowing, and camping at the advanced base camp.
- During the ascent, satori adventures will provide a chef cook and cook assistant at the advanced base camp to take care of your food and drink.
- Satori Adventures allow up to 20kg of personal climbing equipment per person during the flight onboard and during trekking carried by porter/yak/mules.
- The offer cost includes Chulu East peak climbing royalty and climbing permit of Chulu East peak charged by the Nepal government. (Permit issued by Nepal mountaineering association)
- As Chulu East Peak is at Annapurna Conservation territory, Satori adventures provide you a permit for Annapurna Conservation Area permit.
- The Trekkers' Information Management Systems permit issued by the trekking agency association of Nepal is required to enter the area of Annapurna Conservation, so Satori adventures provide you a TIMS permit too.
- As far as possible, regular weather reports are stated throughout the mountaineering period.
- Satori Adventures provides all wages, clinical, equipment, and accidental insurance for all elaborate staff in the journeying and climbing.
- We provide first aid medical kits for the group and the staff, taking care of your climbing and health safety.
- Trekking and mountaineering are often inaccessible and far from information, communication, and transportation in the Himalayas, so information communication is a significant factor for safety and a successful trip. That's why Satori Adventures provides satellite phones with your hiker and climber Sherpa guide.
- Satori Adventures provides V25 north face two main model tents with comfortable mattresses at the advanced base camps and high camps for members and involved staff.
- Satori Adventures offers dynamic / Static Rope, Ice Screws, Snow bar, Rock piton, lucked unlocked Karabiners to open the route and fixed the life for safe and successful climbing.
- During your climbing expedition, satori adventures offer you clean, Nutritious, and fresh food at the advanced base camp. For those trekking peak where it requires high camps or the first camps before attempting the summit, we provide you nutrition high altitude package food and essential EPI cooking gas and stoves to boiled water, tea, coffee, and warm the pocket food.
- Satori Adventure always has concerned and top priority about our trekking guides, climbing Sherpa guides, cooks, porters, and involved staff safety during the period of trekking and high mountain climbing. For this reason, we always do medical insurance, helicopter evacuation insurance, and treatment insurance for all involved staff with a reputed insurance company.
- For your convenience, we always provide maps of related trekking and trekking peak climbing.
- The above offer price includes our official service charges, government charges, and all taxes and vat. Except for the above amount, there are not any hidden costs charged by us.
- If you need any assistance with departure information, Flight ticket reconfirmation, Visa extension procedure services, Satori adventures fully support you without any charges.
- We want to offer you to have dinner with us before you departed from Kathmandu. It will be an opportunity for you to see and learn about Nepali culture and tradition. Thus, satori adventures offer you farewell dinner at a typical Nepali restaurant with a cultural show in Kathmandu before departure.
- Before your departure, as a memory of your life, Satori Adventures would like to handover Satori T-shirt/Pashmina and Brochure.
Things you need to manage yourself in the package above(Cost Exclude):
- Kathmandu is Nepal's capital, and since this place offers high quality and delicious food from different countries and groups, we were hoping you could taste the food you like. For that reason, during your stay in Kathmandu, you will have to arrange lunch and dinner (except farewell dinner) yourself.
- Suppose you want to take any packed food, snacks, aerated drinks, energy drinks, mineral water, and carbonated soft drinks, any types of alcohol, cigarettes, chocolates, and nutria-bars during the trek. In that case, you have to buy it yourself as a customer often requires these items during the trekking. No, and there is no guessing how much it will take by the client and its cost.
- Expenses incurred towards usage of personal nature trekking and climbing equipment, laundry expenses, tips, Landlines, mobiles, walkie-talkies, satellite phones, and the internet service not included in the package. You have to pay for it yourself when you use it.
- Mountaineering is, in itself, a risky and adventurous activity that always takes place in remote areas. So, safety is the primary factor for us. Therefore, you have to have your travel insurance covering the cost of emergency rescue, medical treatment, medical tests, and hospitalization before you arrive for the trip to Nepal.
- The package cost offered above does not include your international flight ticket and Nepal's tourist visa, so that you have to pay for your international flight ticket and tourist visa yourself.
- Any extra expenses arising out of various/unforeseen situations like natural disasters, landslides, political disturbances, strikes, changes in government regulations costs not included in the package cost.
- An additional cost is added if you need extra workers then what we have included in the package.
- The short sentence, "The services we provide in the above package cost inclusive,” will cost extra if you want additional services.
- Employees involved in your trekking and mountaineering are hoping for tips, gifts, or something at the end of the trip, which is an opportunity to say how happy you are with our staff and what kind of service you have rendered.
How to Book?
How to book holiday trip in Nepal?
Satori Adventures and Expedition aims at giving
proper information to many travelers, trekkers and climbers who have some
confusion regarding the booking process of the trip in Nepal. Satori Adventures therefore desires to
provide guideline for the first-time visitors or travelers so that they can comfortably
start the process to book the selected package legally. Before starting the
booking process we always advise our trekkers, travelers and climbers to
intelligently check whether the company is genuine and whether they are fully
safe to travel in the company’s guidance. We ask them to be acquainted with the
company they want book their holiday trip with. Is the company genuine and
authorized from Government of Nepal, Office of the Company Registrar,
Department of Tourism and Civil Aviation, Nepal Rastra Bank ‒Central Bank of
Nepal (authorized for foreign currency), Permanent Account Number (PAN),
and the Department of Cottage & Small Industries). Are they
financially secured and environmentally conscious? We advise them to make sure
about these formalities because there are some companies in Nepal that have
been running business without abiding by the rules and regulation of the Government.
Some companies were once registered but by now their licenses have already been
expired and yet they have providing the services illegally.
On many occasions, Government of Nepal and Trekking Agency Association of Nepal
have found that many foreigners’ tour operators, NGOs and INGOs have been
involved in directly operating tours, trekking, and mountaineering holiday
adventures without having government license and abiding by the Government
rules. It has been also found that many individuals, freelance guides and
porters have been arranging trips illegally by creating their own personal
We have observed that many trekkers and climbers face a host of problems once
they arrive in Kathmandu as they lack adequate information. Many of
them file complaints to Government of Nepal and Trekking Agency Association of
Nepal for legal action such as the refund of the advanced payment. There is
hardly any justice given to the cheated clients. Thus, so as to prevent all
these probable problems we request our travelers to check the company before
booking any trip to the Himalayas.
To conform and process your trip booking please follow these
- Please select the package itinerary and details from our
website, that is make sure which package you want to book with us.
- At the bottom of the itinerary (end of the page of the package)
you have the following options:Book
now, ask expert, write a review and print. Once you click book now bottom it will l take you to booking page; ask expert
will allow you to e-mail us in case of any query related to the package.
- Our typical itinerary includes transfer from and to the airport.
We can provide you with any type of accommodation‒from budget to 5 Stars. So
please indicate class of hotel you wish us to book or alternatively name your
preferred hotel. You can also state all additional services apart from those
mentioned in the itinerary.
- The web page itinerary is a guideline and a standard
pattern which helps you plan your trip. It can be changed or modified according
to your time & requirements.
- If you wish to expand the itinerary with additional
activities, please let us know by mail. Satori
Adventures builds your customized itinerary with the adjusted price.
- There are many fixed departure dates and itinerary packages
in Trekking and Mountaineering in our package. If you wish to join with our
fixed departure with group, please contact us. The cost in this option is
always pretty low compared to a private trip.
- Before you confirm the trip you have to read and
understand what is included and excluded in the cost. It is also important to
read terms and conditions. If you require additional services which are not
included in cost please mention them all in the booking form.
- Please contact us if you are still unclear about
the information or required service.
- You have to read our Terms and Conditions before you book the trip; it explains to
you the booking timing, the deposit and advance payment requirements, policies,
procedures for cancellation, refund and the payment classification.
- Once we have agreed mutually on itinerary you required and
the price for the trip, you have to send us the deposit to confirm the booking
as specified in our quotation according to our Terms and Conditions.
- Once we receive the advance payment from you, we will
process to confirm your trip.
- Without conformation and advance received we may
not process for Permits, TIMS, Flight Tickets,
Trekking and climbing Guide, Porters and other necessary Staff for
trekking and expedition along with food, transportation, etc.
- With your conformation of the trip and advance payments we
require copy of your travel document (passport), passport size photo, and your
flight reservation details.
- For details on the payments of the trip and time frame you
have to follow our terms and conditions.
Please kindly submit Trip
Booking Form when you confirm the trip with us. It will be easy for us
to process for your trip conformation and prepare all legal processes and
permit for the trip. If you have any query, always feel free to contact
us at any time. We always want to make sure our clients are well
informed before conforming the trip. You are always advised to visit our
website and related package for further information.